Just to add to my post above:

Even if I can override the duration calculation, the rendering of a task
for single day would be incorrect. Since it thinks single day task has
duration of 0 days, the visual bar on the chart would not render. I could
possibly live w/ that for the time being until google introduce time
component to the gantt chart.

lk

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-visualization-api/68aa49ae-4c0a-4569-8a9a-0e7e99afd113%40googlegroups.com.