I have a column chart with a discrete hAxis.  My hAxis category labels are
abbreviated forms of a longer string, which I would like to show in a
tooltip, but there doesn't seem to be any way to accomplish that.  I
wouldn't even mind rolling my own tooltips, but it seems that no mouseover
event is even triggered when I mouse over a category label.

Also (or perhaps alternatively), is there any way to force a linebreak in a
category label?  I'm seeing longish labels overlapping even when I think
they should be split over multiple lines, and I'm not sure how to prevent