I am creating a program that will allow users to plot their data points on
a chart so that they can visualize their data.  The chart will be round and
will be divided into sections like a pizza pie. Each section will indicated
a different variable of the subject. It will be similar to a
star/radar/spider chart in that it will have a series of variables with the
value ranked on the axis scale.

However, some difference that I need:

   - I do NOT want the connecting lines between the data points, just the
   data points with a title
   - the closer that it is to the center, the higher the value which is
   usually in the reverse order. I imagine that would be easy to configure.
   - I would like the data points to fit anywhere in the "pie section", not
   along the axis. in reality, the pie section really would be a series of
   axis, all of the same variable within a section.  this is because we may
   have several data points of the same value and the same variable (just a
   different data point).

Example of typical radar chart with data point on Axis Line

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wN75BDgN7Eo/WqcaRxhafqI/AAAAAAAATZ0/vOfjHRWFS98h_eegWvwzNt39xSDDXakpwCLcBGAs/s1600/radar_chart.png>

I would like for my chart to have multiple data points that can be placed
anywhere in the chart so you can have 2 or 3 data-points with the same
value and within the same variable (in this case, the variable can be broad
like "health" and each data-point can be items like different diagnosis).
see example:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hWwS_Vl9PHM/WqcbM5MhMoI/AAAAAAAATZ8/hy9cHkwLpFwtK2nYGuNElbDJzZRx09r0gCLcBGAs/s1600/Screenshot%2B2018-03-12%2Bat%2B18.59.26.png>

   - ideally, I would like to be able to drag the datapoint around the
   chart, thus changing its rank and which variable it pertains to.
   - users can change the number of sections/variables as well as the
   titles of the variable
   - Ideally, would like to be able to zoom into the center if there are
   too many data points near the center and you need to see each data-point
   better.
   - ideally, would love to be able to double click on data point to go to
   window where you annotate each one with description, date, source, etc.

So

   - is there a name for this kind of chart?
   - is it possible to customize a radar chart framework to get to do this?
   - any good programs or services that can help me build this part of the
   online program?
   - anyone know of developers/services who can do this (bootstrap
   project=not a lot of money)?

thanks so much
johnny

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-visualization-api/c87aa105-3d3c-4797-8088-328df351bdaa%40googlegroups.com.