Tyler -

We definitely want to enable non-user access to view public waves in the
future. Please star this issue:
http://code.google.com/p/google-wave-resources/issues/detail?id=154&;
As Vikram suggested, you could write an exporting bot in the meantime.

Your experience with being unable to edit the public Wave is a known issue
with the client. Sometimes it goes away after a reload (sometimes not).

- pamela