Actually, I had exactly the same problem when I first started using OAuth.
Wave Preview didn't work at all but Wave Sandbox worked fine.

Then suddenly it started working. Maybe there is some dely on when you go
through the validation process and when the server is actually updated with
them.

d3developer.com | twitter.com/fractastical | twitter.com/jdietz