The problem is that both versions on these widgets need to exist
simultaneously for a period of time, to give our users enough space to move
from the deprecated version to the non-deprecated one.

For date picker, in specific, because it will be in the first 1.6 milestone,
it does not seem worth people's time to migrate from widgetideas to the gen2
version at this late date, as while we will leave the date picker in
gwt-incubator as a convenience, both versions will be deprecated within a
matter of a couple of more weeks.