On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Ray Cromwell <cromwell...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My only criticism of this design is that it only captures a part of the use
> cases where the transport mechanism needs override. That is, it helps in
> cases where one is making HTTP requests, and needs to modify HTTP request
> parameters or the body, but it leaves out the cases where one can't make
> direct requests (using XHR). The RequestBuilder stuff is very tightly bound
> to XHR.

It would be possible (if baroque) with this API to substitute in a
"ScriptTagRequestBuilder" implementation in the doCreate() method.

I'll make the unsubstantiated claim that non-XHR transport is a small
enough portion of the user-base to avoid complicating the client-side
API as long as you can make that non-XHR transport look like XHR by
creating a RequestBuilder subclass.

--
Bob Vawter
Google Web Toolkit Team