Hi,
Some of the users of SmartGWT have reported slow startup in hosted
mode. A user narrowed down the problem to the following call in
StandardLinkerContext.

outFile.lastModified() <= artifact.getLastModified()

When changed to outFile.lastModified() < artifact.getLastModified(),
the startup is normal.

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=3700

Can you guys comment on whether this is a valid change?

One other thing that I noticed was that when I moved the resources
(skin images) from the "public" path of my main module (SmartGwt), to
a secondary module (SmartGwtXXXSkin), and the user is required to
inherit both these modules, the hosted mode startup slowed down a fair
bit compared to when he inherited only one module that also had the
skins resources. Does this ring a bell? If not, I'll try to dig a
little deeper into this and provide more information.

Thanks,
Sanjiv