Comment by myonceinalifetime:

I have successfully compiled trunk and my project works fine compiling with
that gwt instead of gwt 1.7. After adding the gwt-dev-oophm.jar to the top
of classpath the swing UI changes and it now says it is waiting for a
browser to connect to the given URL. I have firefox 3 with the precompiled
firefox 3 oophm plugin installed (got it somewhere on google's site as
opposed to a precompile from trunk).

Visiting the given URL within FF loads the site correctly and everything
works, except Eclipse does not hit any breakpoints and the swing ui still
says its waiting for a browser to connect.

Maybe I need to compile the latest code from trunk to make the plugin like
dan.kozlowski says? I have installed Cygwin on Vista and running "make"
within the oophm/plugins/firefox/ folder gives me several errors.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what I should be doing? Should I try to
solve those errors and make the plugin or is that pointless?

Thanks.

For more information:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/UsingOOPHM