On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Daniel Rice (דניאל רייס)
<r...@google.com>wrote:

> You say "more generic" but your comment seems to be suggesting greater
> specificity ("use" versus "<how to use>").  Do you have some language in
> mind?

I am suggesting that either we make the language more generic, such as "You
need to use a 32-bit JVM" and leave it up to them how to get it, or we need
to provide other alternatives to -d32 since thay may not work on their
distro, perhaps something like:

You need to use a 32-bit JVM.  Depending on you version of Linux and how you
are launching GWT, you might do this by passing -d32  on the java command
line, by setting JAVA_HOME to point to the correct JDK, or by configuring
Eclipse to use the proper JVM.

The latter is wordy and still likely to not cover all the cases, so my
feeling is the former would be better.

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google