Thanks, replies inline below. I'll duck all the hard suggestions, do the
easy ones and submit.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/4
File user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/BundleWriter.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/4#newcode41
Line 41: private final JClassType strictAnnotationType;
Yup. But I'm hoping to beat you in.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/4#newcode82
Line 82: writer.write("import %s;",
strictAnnotationType.getQualifiedSourceName());
Agree, not quite there yet though.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/4#newcode111
Line 111: writeImageOptionsAnnotation(image.getFlipRtl(),
image.getRepeatStyle());
Not off the top of my head, unless we adopt some kind of convention of
annotations on your annotations--seems like a lot of bother.

Unless the pace of change there gets pretty rapid, I'm comfortable
maintaining this by hand.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/5
File
user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/GetEscapedInnerTextVisitor.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/5#newcode52
Line 52: // TODO(jgw): write this back just as it came in.
Not so far.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/5#newcode75
Line 75: parent != null && "pre".equals(parent.getTagName());
Interesting question. If it did I think they'd be no-ops--scripts don't
fire as a side effect of setting innerHTML as I recall. Still, you could
imagine someone putting a script here and fishing it out for later use.

Anyway, this whole escaping mechanism is a disaster, and I'll have to
rewrite it soon (post MS2) to fix a few bugs. I'll add a todo here to
think about the script case at rewrite time.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/8
File user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/UiBinderParser.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/8#newcode121
Line 121: if (elem.hasAttribute(FLIP_RTL_ATTRIBUTE)) {
See above. I'd rather not deal with that right now unless you see a
quick and simple approach I'm missing.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/9
File user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/XMLElement.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/9#newcode347
Line 347: writer.die("%s must contain only text", this);
Not that I've encountered.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/10
File
user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/model/ImplicitClientBundle.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/10#newcode73
Line 73: * Called to declare a new CssResource accessor on this bundle.
Mmmm, copy paste. Fixed, thanks.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/14
File user/src/com/google/gwt/uibinder/sample/client/WidgetBasedUi.ui.xml
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/14#newcode187
Line 187: Well of course you do. Who wouldn't?
Looks good to me too!

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/16
File user/test/com/google/gwt/uibinder/rebind/XMLElementTest.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805/diff/1/16#newcode73
Line 73: // TODO(rjrjr) Can't test this until die() is factored out of
UiBinderWriter
Yes, the TODO is a bit misleading. I've refactored die out of the way,
but XMLElement will still depend upon UiBinderWriter and I still can't
mock that effectively. Will update the TODO

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/77805