On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Bruce Johnson <br...@google.com> wrote:

> If you're confident in the fix, Dan, instead of adding a test right now,
> please just add an issue instead to remind us to review in the future what
> kind of testing mechanism we would have needed to make a unit test easy to
> create for this case. I want to make sure we revisit this at some point to
> round out our testing story, even for hard things to test.

Note that once the timezone stuff lands, this will both be easier to test
(as you could substitute different timezones, though there would still be
issues with failing to compensate for the browser's timezone properly) and
should fix this problem for good.

There are in fact timezones that advance other than one hour, and the
timezone fix handles that by downloading the correct set of transition
points for the specified timezone (and figuring out the default timezone by
fingerprinting the timezone offsets in the browser).

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google