Uploading another patch. Did not know how to do it with this message.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/91806/diff/1/2
File user/src/com/google/gwt/junit/JUnitMessageQueue.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/91806/diff/1/2#newcode413
Line 413: assert (result != null);
Good point. Fixed.
On 2009/11/03 01:43:00, jlabanca wrote:
> This can be null.  The result is set to null to indicate that the test
has
> started, but no results have been received from the client.  With
respect to
> retry, the results will be null if we retry after a remote browser
dies in the
> middle of a test.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/91806/diff/1/3
File user/src/com/google/gwt/junit/JUnitShell.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/91806/diff/1/3#newcode698
Line 698: getTopLogger().log(TreeLogger.ERROR,
On 2009/11/02 22:09:01, jat wrote:
> This formatting change doesn't look right (the previous version fit
fine in 80
> characters) and is unrelated to the actual change being made.

Done.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/91806/diff/1/3#newcode908
Line 908: if (batchingStrategy instanceof NoBatchingStrategy) {
Done.

On 2009/11/03 01:43:00, jlabanca wrote:
> You should put a comment explaining why this is true.  "If a
BatchingStrategy is
> present, the client will already have moved passed the failed test
case."

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/91806/diff/1/3#newcode912
Line 912: "batching does not work with retries, so not being retried");
Added a todo, will do in a separate commit

On 2009/11/03 01:43:00, jlabanca wrote:
> I think we should check this when we process the arguments.  In fact,
we should
> probably add a sanity check after the args processor to verify that we
don't
> have conflicting args in general.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/91806/diff/1/3#newcode1005
Line 1005: prevTestInfo = currentTestInfo;
Good idea.

On 2009/11/03 01:43:00, jlabanca wrote:
> Since runTestImpl is called recursively, can you just pass numTries as
an arg?
> Then you can do away with the numTries and prevTestInfo instance
variables.  The
> static runTest methods can pass 0.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/91806/diff/1/4
File user/src/com/google/gwt/junit/RunStyle.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/91806/diff/1/4#newcode46
Line 46: public int getTries() {
Have a Todo elsewhere to add a command line arg. However, I think
retries is better as a RunStyle level argument than a global argument.

On 2009/11/03 01:43:00, jlabanca wrote:
> You should add a command line -retryCount arg to JUnitShell so the
user can
> specify this?  I think the number of retries would have more to do
with the
> users test setup than with the run style.

> This method should be getDefaultRetryCount, because it is the default
if the
> user does not specify a count.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/91806/diff/1/4#newcode78
Line 78: *         an error setting up for that mode
Removed

On 2009/11/02 22:09:01, jat wrote:
> These changes aren't related and I think are actually incorrect, since
> continuation lines should be indented 4 characters.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/91806/diff/1/6
File user/test/com/google/gwt/junit/JUnitMessageQueueTest.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/91806/diff/1/6#newcode379
Line 379: int testsPerBlock = 1;
On 2009/11/03 01:43:00, jlabanca wrote:
> You can reuse your static values here.

Done.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/91806/diff/1/7
File user/test/com/google/gwt/junit/client/GWTTestCaseTest.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/91806/diff/1/7#newcode377
Line 377: public void testRetry() {
On 2009/11/03 01:43:00, jlabanca wrote:
> You should add a note that this method MUST appear after
testSetRetry().