I gave the above remote context some more thoughts, and it's not an
option:

- I run in the following environments: dev, test, acceptance,
production and build.
The dev and build environments are the ones that give me problems as I
run GWTTestCase's in these mode's with a proxy servlet to forward the
call to the running tomcat instance (-noserver mode) (server is
started/stopped through the maven cargo plugin).
The gwt tests run in gwt modules that aren't reachable through HTTP,
so the above Remote context isn't an option.

Sometimes my tests fail during dev or our nightly build because the
polixy file is outdated and need to be replaced... This isn't a
desired situation: the build being dependent on policy file not being
up2date :(

I hope to get some more details through the forum to implement my own
SerializationPolicy. I think that is still my best workable option.
At this moment, these policy files cost me a too much time, and I
tried several options now through the years..