This is nothing to do with Roo. And while we want to be Gin friendly, we
can't count on people using Gin.

It's a constructor argument because the activity is intended to be single
use, and it is not viable without something to edit. I'm really not inclined
to change the api around the current state of Gin's feature set.

If I were trying to get Gin to cooperate with this kind of situation I'd
make myself a factory that takes the edited record as an input and returns
an activity, and put Gin in charge of instantiating the factories. Is that
not practical?

rjrjr