I've been experimenting with PlaceHistoryManager and company.  So far,
I have the following comments:

1. The tokens are big, they include the full path to the class, so all
packages and the name of the class.  It's a lot.  In our case, it also
exposes the name of the contractor to the user of the application.

2. Tokens in RequestFactory only work with Record based classes.  I
think that's a shame.  Will another facility supplement this?  Because
if tokens from gwt will only support Record, why even bother with
ProxyPlace?  Just make a goTo method in PlaceController that takes a
record.  I would prefer to have tokens for a place directly.  I think
that can be accomplished by having multiple place tokenizers however,
one per place.

3. Ultimately, I don't think the assumption that a record type is 1:1
to an activity.  The mapper stuff allows for this but is yet more
code.

4. It's a lot harder than it seems to always have a record ready to
go.  Especially coming from gwt-presenter were we always try to just
keep a numeric id.

5. I think the Place class getting support for a collection of arguments, i.e.,

setArgument(String, String);
String getArgument(String);
clearArguments();

and more importantly, parseArguments(String s); so that we can pass in
a string from the PlaceTokenizer.getPlace() after we've removed the
prefix would be most helpful and be applicable to most.

thank you,