Looks like this is heading in a good direction.  Idea for the test code.

Another high level idea is that you a single test case superclass with
the bulk of the code, then you have to two subclasses that only differ
in how typeOracle is built.  We use this pattern in other places.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1188802/diff/4001/5004
File dev/core/test/com/google/gwt/dev/javac/TypeOracleMediatorTest.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1188802/diff/4001/5004#newcode122
dev/core/test/com/google/gwt/dev/javac/TypeOracleMediatorTest.java:122:
InputStream istream = loader.getResourceAsStream(resourcePath);
There should be a Util.readUrlAsBytes() or something that does all this
mess for you.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1188802/diff/4001/5004#newcode1188
dev/core/test/com/google/gwt/dev/javac/TypeOracleMediatorTest.java:1188:
compileAndRefresh();
I think what you really want to do is have compileAndRefresh() build two
different oracles, and have your assertions simply check both oracles at
the same time.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1188802/show