On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Ray Ryan <rj...@google.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Nick Chalko <ncha...@google.com> wrote:
>

>>>  org.hibernate.validator.**constraints.impl.**ScriptAssertValidator
>>>>

>>> So ScriptAssertValidator should not be getting compiled.  Let me try to
>>> find where it is excluded.
>>>

>> user/src/org/hibernate/validator/HibernateValidator.gwt.xml  excludes that
>> file with.
>>
>>   <source path="constraints">
>>
>>     <exclude name="impl/scriptassert/" />
>>
>>     <exclude name="super/" />
>>
>>   </source>
>>
>> Not sure why this is not used.
>>

> It looks like the ScriptAssertValidator problem is actually on the
> @ScriptAssert annotation itself:
>
> @Target({ TYPE })
> @Retention(RUNTIME)
> *@Constraint(validatedBy = ScriptAssertValidator.class)*
> @Documented
> public @interface ScriptAssert {
>
>  The type oracle tries to process ScriptAssertValidator.class, but it can't
> because of nick's excludes line. No harm is done, but the console noise is
> unpleasant. And I wonder what would happen if someone actually tried to use
> @ScriptAssert?
>
> Nick, do you emulate the rest of those constraints, or do they just work?
> Should I exclude the whole package?
>
> Or perhaps I should put in a no-op super source implementation
> of ScriptAssertValidator. We've done that kind of thing before.
>
> rjrjr

Hmm. You already have a super source ScriptAssertValidator, just like all
the other ones. I still don't get what's special about this one.

Deleting that exclude line doesn't change anything. Making it exclude the
entire impl packages gets rid of the error and the sample still works.
Seeing what that does to the tests. (I assume there's a reason you aren't
already doing that.)