On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Ray Ryan <rj...@google.com> wrote:

>>> user/src/org/hibernate/validator/HibernateValidator.gwt.xml  excludes
>>> that file with.
>>>
>>>   <source path="constraints">
>>>
>>>     <exclude name="impl/scriptassert/" />
>>>
>>>     <exclude name="super/" />
>>>
>>>   </source>
>>>
>>> Not sure why this is not used.
>>>

>> It looks like the ScriptAssertValidator problem is actually on the
>> @ScriptAssert annotation itself:
>>
>> @Target({ TYPE })
>> @Retention(RUNTIME)
>> *@Constraint(validatedBy = ScriptAssertValidator.class)*
>> @Documented
>> public @interface ScriptAssert {
>>
>>  The type oracle tries to process ScriptAssertValidator.class, but it
>> can't because of nick's excludes line. No harm is done, but the console
>> noise is unpleasant. And I wonder what would happen if someone actually
>> tried to use @ScriptAssert?
>>
>> Nick, do you emulate the rest of those constraints, or do they just work?
>> Should I exclude the whole package?
>>
>> Or perhaps I should put in a no-op super source implementation
>> of ScriptAssertValidator. We've done that kind of thing before.
>>
>> rjrjr
>>

> Hmm. You already have a super source ScriptAssertValidator, just like all
> the other ones. I still don't get what's special about this one.
>
> Deleting that exclude line doesn't change anything. Making it exclude the
> entire impl packages gets rid of the error and the sample still works.
> Seeing what that does to the tests. (I assume there's a reason you aren't
> already doing that.)

Ah ha! It is you, *you Nick Chalko* that are making this happen! In your
super source you have a copy of ScriptAssert.java, where you have no other
annotations emulated. It includes an annotation with the reference to the
ScriptAssertValidator.class. (I suspect this is a bug in super source if you
squint just right, but I don't care.)

If I delete that file the noise goes away, the sample runs, and the tests
all pass. Any idea why it's there?