On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Brian Slesinsky <skybr...@google.com>wrote:

>>    2. IDE support: IDE can trigger codegen (esp. for debugging)
>>>

>> My experience with this has been pretty poor, and running GWT with -gen
>> is at least as useful.
>>

> Also, Super Dev Mode gives you access to all the generated code. You can
> either use the browser's debugger with SourceMaps turned on (which also
> allows you to set breakpoints in generated code), or you can browse the
> source code directly on the codeserver.
>
> It would be nice if we somehow got this working with an IDE, though.

I am saying my experience with IDE integration of code generation, whether
protoc, APT, etc, has been pretty poor.  For example, at work I have taken
to running protoc outside the IDE and reimporting it, rather than putting
up with the IDE integration.  Ie, exactly what I can do with GWT today.

--
John A. Tamplin