Hi All,

I would like to know if the plan for 2.6.0 is to still use Ant or release
it already from Gradle.

I ask this because I would to check the feasibility of OSGIfy the
GWT-Servlet jar.
Having an OSGi compliant GWT-Servlet should make it easier to use GWT on
OSGi containers (I suppose it is enough to OSGIfy GWT-Servlet as it is the
only Jar I expect to to on the server side).

Some background information:
OSGI-fization takes place by modify the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file of the
Jar and adding new headers that allow the jar to be used more "friendly" in
an OSGi environment.

This modification is mostly transparent, many much jar lbraries you are
using are already OSGIfied or exist in an OSGIfied version (one example
among all: the org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.8.3.v20130121-145325.jar that is in
GWT-Tools is OSGIfied).

The best way to OSGIfy a Jar is to use the BND tool at build time, which
automates most of the process of creating OSGI headers.
BND tool can be invoked with ant task (http://www.aqute.biz/Bnd/Ant) or
with the maven-bundle-plugin
(http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html) or
I see it exists also a Gradle OSGI plugin
(http://www.gradle.org/docs/current/userguide/osgi_plugin.html).

In the end, I would like to know if it is best to focus on trying the BND
Ant Task or the Gradle OSGI Plugin.

Thank you,
Cristiano

P.S. On maven central repo it exists an OSGIfied version of GWT:
org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.gwt-user/2.4.0_1
org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.gwt-dev/2.4.0_1
which they old (linked to gwt 2.4.0) and not optimal as exactly the
gwt-servlet jar is missing!