> Are we ballsy enough to say GWT 3.0 = Java8 source level enforced for
> client side code?

I hope so.

I am pretty sure everyone who has given Java8 a try so far, even if it was
just an example project, feels the pain when coming back to a GWT project.
If Java8 gives more freedom and a cleaner API design for Elemental 2.0 then
GWT 3.0 should require it. Thats why it will be called 3.0...going forward.

But when doing so, SDM in GWT 2.7 must work well on any project size
because people might not migrate that fast to GWT 3.0 (depending on how
many breaking changes it will contain)

-- J.