My hope would be that some enterprising individuals will start porting
pieces of GWT generators to annotation processors in the future. Some of
them are definitely doable without much effort
(CssResource/ClientBundle/etc) Some of them will require more work, but are
still possible (UiBinder with caveats), and some of them just plain won't
work (RPC) because of the requirement of global information.

Other useful bits of com.google.gwt could be easy modified to use JsInterop
instead of JSNI as we have done in much of the JRE to share code with J2CL.