I'm using maven and I only have a dependency on 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT.
I have forced an update of the snapshots in an eclipse refresh and now it
seems to work.
I guess it was a local maven/nexus issue ?

I hope -strict becomes the default, why would you want to ignore errors ?
In most cases it is hiding some issue that will surface later.