As a heavy user of GWT-RPC in a large app, I've become disillusioned with
it. That's for three reasons:

- I often need to see what data is being sent, and it's just not very good
for that. It makes debugging harder than it could be.

- it's not good for communicating from a mobile app.

- it's much too easy to accidentally send much more data than necessary.
Being forced to think about your content on-the-wire would probably make a
better product in the long run.

So we're going to pay the price to migrate away from GWT-RPC and I don't
feel too bad about it going away.

I just hope we don't have to give up widgets too. I don't see that being
practical for us.

Paul