The main blocker for releasing J2CL for wider audience is even basic
missing functionalities around building it in open-source and seeing at
least some output for your compilations. That is blocked on missing
functionalities in bazel. After that we can probably finished in more
timely manner.
There is still tone of work to do for a polished open source experience but
at least we can give access to more people who is really interested.