I just tried it on IE and windows machine, it seems that when loading
the hosted.html url from the remote web server you have to add the ?
modulename to the url and then do the reload of that page. so
something like this

http://urlToConnectTo:8080/<webapp>/hosted.html?com_mycompany_mymodulename

HTH

Dominik