Hi
 You should call : RPC.decodeRequest(payload,this.remoteServiceClass,
*this*);
 *this* being the remote servlet (SerializationPoliciyProvider)
 To resolve the serialization policy (That allow the GWT serialization of
Serializable).

If no SerializationPoliciyProvider or his the resolution fails to
DefaultPolicies (GWT 1.3) is applied and Object must be IsSerializable.

You can look at:
http://code.google.com/p/net-orcades-spring/source/browse/trunk/orcades-spring-gwt/src/main/java/net/orcades/spring/gwt/SpringGWTRemoteServlet.java
 from my Spring integration: http://code.google.com/p/net-orcades-spring/

hih

--
Si l'ignorance peut servir de consolation, elle n'en est pas moins
illusoire.