Ok, I gave it a try.  I ran "demo-shell -noserver" and got a pop-up
window with the following msg.

    The connection was refused when
    attempting to contact localhost:8888.

Without the -noserver I get this.

    General Error:
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input
    string: "8888/com.mudd.demo"

Do I need to disable the code that calls my XML/RPC server in order to
run with the -noserver option?

John