for our application i had tried gwt-ext first bcuz of the licensing
issues and the maturity, at that point gwtext was running 2.0.1 and
gxt was getting it's 1.0 release. so lot's of api's and
functionalities were missing in gxt compared to gxt.

but sooner than later i found out it was really thorny to debug and
modify the given sample code to get something meaningful to our
context.  currently we are happily using gxt1.3 and we have been
succesfull in acheiving most of the things we wanted to achieve.

But the licensing issues is the one thing that i am not yet sure
about, whether it's gonna backfire sometime in future. But i beleive
it all depends on the way the owners of the gxt want to take it, cuz
form what i know lgpl is much riskier than gpl.

Anyway i feel gxt guys won't kill their product by doing something
silly on the license issues, that said, i meant it all depnds on the
fairness of the guys who did all these.

Hope it helps,
Hafiz