Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Answers are inline.

On Dec 2, 5:50 pm, jchimene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few questions:
>
> o Are all packets sent to the server the same size?
No, they are not.

> o What is that size?
This depends on the service call - somewhere between 150 and 2000
bytes.
I will mention again that by using a sniffer (tcpdump), it seems that
EVERY time this issue occurs, the actual packets the server receives
are ALWAYS EXACTLY 80% of what it should have received. This, again,
was very encouraging to find as a clue, but unfortunately led me
nowhere.

> o Have you checked for other types of congestion?
Congestion? Unfortunately, I don't have any control over the client's
environment since this is an internet application and I can't
reproduce it.

> o Is this entirely TCP/IP? Have you checked maxrss?
maxrss? I'm not sure I understood the relevance... TCP/IP is obviously
used, it is the underlying protocol of HTTP...

> o Have you enabled logging on intermediate nodes to see if there are
> congestion issues?
I wish I could... I don't have any control over any node before the
server. It is a CentOS VPS hosted internet application. I will state
that this occurred in several hosting providers, in several countries
and geographical locations.

> o Is this related to a specific time of day (although it probably
> happens between 10:00 and 14:00...)
I didn't find any correlation between the time of day and the
occurrence of this. Obviously, this is normalized to the usage load,
as you implied.

> o Do you have a world-wide net? If so, does the problem travel across
> time zones?
My users are not from around the world, but as I stated - this issue
occurred when using hosting providers around the world.