Hi,

I'm using GWT for a website at www.trcs.org.uk. I originally started
using GWT with the knowledge that I would have to address the search
engine results issue at a later date. I have now made the site root
page an index.php file that refers the agent to a static snapshot of
the root page if the agent is a robot and to the dynamic content for
everyone else. This is NOT cloaking. I have uploaded a sitemap and
created a robots.txt that denies the dynamic content to robots. The
problem is I still do not get ANY result on Google Search even for
search queries that should point to my site. The only things I can
think of at this time are that changes haven't been indexed properly,
or, because the static snapshot of the root page has a few missing
links to images and such like, it is being ignored.

I love GWT but I think since it is a Google product now there should
be clear, simple, well documented ways to get Google to read a static
root page, or even better to create the DOM and index the dynamic root
page on the site, I thought Google did this as they claim they do some
kind of non graphical rendering to calculate fonts and text positions.

It's so annoying, I don't care if Google can't find all the dynamic
content on the site, that's asking too much for now, but it should be
able to render the dynamic root page. All the significant words and
sections of the site are listed in the static root page, and we have
plenty of links to the root page from other sites (i.e - links that
just point to www.trcs.org.uk).

How difficult can this be?

Alan