gwt-polymer-elements adds the bower_components for polymer which contains
all the polymer elements to your module. It is added automatically because
it is in the public folder in the package com.vaadin.polymer. One solution
I can think of is to rebuild the library and exclude it from the jar. Check
out
this: https://github.com/vaadin/gwt-api-generator/blob/master/gulpfile.js,
you get rid of the bower taks. Then, you can use a tool like vulcanize
which allows to import only the polymer elements that you need in one
file: https://www.polymer-project.org/1.0/docs/tools/optimize-for-production