> Our optimized output with collapse all is 23 MB. Things are reused though,
> which is visible in left-over taking 6 MB.

How large is a single permutation (= not using collapse-all)? Our app is
roughly 300KLOC and results in roughly 6-7MB optimized JS for a single
permutation when doing a production build. In total we generate 3
permutations (Firefox, IE, Chrome). However we use SuperDevMode / GWT
compiler with just 4GB Heap space configured for the JVM. Seems weird that
you need 16GB for a build that probably isn't that different.

Libraries are kind of standard I guess: GWT-RPC, UiBinder, Google GIN, a
3rd party JS lib for graphs.

Maybe your issue is some 3rd party generator that simply consumes way to
much memory and should be fixed / optimized? Have you run SDM / GWT
Compiler in debug mode and attached a debugger to it so you can make a heap
dump once heap is quite high to see who is consuming all the memory?

-- J.