Hi,
I experienced troubles running my gwt app on a 64 architecture
(ubuntu).
Apparently the problem comes from the hosted mode that relies on a 32
bits version of mozilla.
This problem could be solved by installing a 32 environment with
chroot, and I read that gwt coders where planing on changing their
hosted mode in the 1.6 release, and that's why nobody worked on a 64
bits version of the hosted browser.

I just downloaded the 1.6 version but didn't try it yet.
In case I wasn't clear:
-the 64 bits problem occurs in hosted mode, and the problem is linked
to the 32 bit mozilla plugin that is used in version 1.x -> 1.5.3
included.
-gwt 1.6 should come with another plugin (can't remember the details
though) which does not require a 32 bit architecture anymore
-the 64 bit uncompliancy should therefore be solved with gwt1.6, but
it is yet to be confirmed

regards,
Christopher