On 16 avr, 10:43, Salvador Diaz <diaz.salva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 3. when updating the UI, working with hidden (display:none) or, even
> > better, detached widgets is faster; sometimes, building a new widget
> > "from scratch", populating it and replacing an existing equivalent
> > widget might be faster than updating the existing widget
> > 4. rendering-wise, try to set table-layout:fixed on your tables
> > (including Horizontal/VerticalPanel, FlexTable, Grid, DecoratorPanel,
> > DecoratedPopupPanel, DialogBox, etc.)
>
> Do you have any benchmarks showing those advantages ? I wasn't aware
> of those 2 facts and I find them quite interesting.

3. Well, I pointed to John Resig's experiment with DocumentFragment,
and it's something that I've seen repeated in several presentations
about performance of "DHTML" applications. Here are some links I
gathered some time ago:
http://www.slideshare.net/julien.lecomte/high-performance-ajax-applications
http://www.slideshare.net/pureclone/highperformance-javascript

See also:
http://www.slideshare.net/iamtin/speed-of-ajax-presentation (slide 27)
See also this, that I've just stumbled upon:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/544180/does-visibility-affect-dom-manipulation-performance

4. Not a benchmark either, but this affirmation by Microsoft:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms531161(VS.85).aspx