You may want to examine http://www.gwtportlets.org/ first.  It's not the JSR
(name collision is due to convenience, not relation), but it may have what
you want.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 4:20 AM, Nail Ünlü <nail.uen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hiho,
>
> Im in the process to evaluate the JSR 286 Portlet specification
> support of GWT and have some questions that you guys could maybe
> answer :-) The evaluation takes place in the IBM Websphere Portal
> portlet.
>
> 1. As someone can have several portlets put on one page, how can
> someone handle the namespace issues inside the same page? Using
> <portlet:namespace/> in the JSP is not an option as the client code
> (with Javscript) is generated. So how can i ensure that my javascript
> for each portlet has unique namings, my DIV's etc. in my portlet are
> name unique (e.g to avoid that one portlet can change the visibility
> of another portlets DIV, as they are named the same way) ?

If all developers use your library & at one point all widgets go through
your library, then you can guarantee the div gets the namespace somehow
added to the ID.

> 2. How can i respect the different Phases of a JSR 286 portlet with
> GWT?Im totally aware that with the Asynchronous communication, the
> processAction-Method becomes obsolete...but how do you handle the
> situation, where a Portlet calls your portlet through a ActionURL ?
> How do you process the request and do your action?

I'm not familiar with the JSR (wonder how many people here are).  Can you
expand on the requirement?

> 3. How does the interportlet communication, which is specified in JSR
> 286 work? Im aware that there are possibilities to do it between GWT
> "enabled"-Portlets through AJAX but how do you communicate with a non-
> GWT-Portlet that DOES support JSR 286 render parameter functionality?

Please clarify the requirement here.  It's possible to do some level of
communication between GWT modules that are on 1 page.  Not trivial, but
possible (but I believe they would have to expose some kind of
non-conflicting interface, in terms of the function name), but these apps
would have to be created to begin with with the expectation of being used as
a JS library.  However, making a GWT-"enabled"-Portlet can just be a simple
<inherits> away.