I suspect it has something to do with the object I am returning.

When I use the same service to return a String or a simple class that
contains a String everything works fine.

But when I try to return instances of Country then I get the error.

Any ideas why this happens?
Here is the Country class:

import java.io.Serializable;

import javax.jdo.annotations.IdentityType;
import javax.jdo.annotations.PersistenceCapable;
import javax.jdo.annotations.Persistent;
import javax.jdo.annotations.PrimaryKey;

@PersistenceCapable(identityType = IdentityType.APPLICATION, detachable =
"true")
public class Country implements Serializable {
  private static final long serialVersionUID = -1L;

  @PrimaryKey
  @Persistent
  private String name;

  @Persistent
  private float latitude;

  @Persistent
  private float longitude;

  public Country () {

  }

  public Country (String name, float latitude, float longitude) {
    this.name = name;
    this.latitude = latitude;
    this.longitude = longitude;
  }

  public String getName() {
    return name;
  }

  public void setName(String name) {
    this.name = name;
  }

  public float getLatitude() {
    return latitude;
  }

  public float getLongitude() {
    return longitude;
  }

  public void setLatitude(float latitude) {
    this.latitude = latitude;
  }

  public void setLongtiude(float longitude) {
    this.longitude = longitude;