On 10/15/2009 08:20 AM, mikea_59 wrote:

> I'm not doing aything with MIME, I have a simple .csv on the server
> and I reference the full URL in the window.open() call. Where would I
> set the MIME type?

That would be in some server-dependent configuration.

However, after re-reading your posts, that's probably not what you want
to do.

Most developers want the client to open the file in such situations, not
save directly to disk. If you set the MIME type according to the file
type, you're suggesting the client start a CSV viewer rather than start
a file save.

Here are three suggestions to accomplish your goal:
1. Use the ftp:// protocol
2. Store the csv in a zip or tar archive
3. Write an server app that catches the http:// request and emits the
csv using the "application/octet-stream" MIME type.

Cheers,
jec