Hey, I am trying to create a voting system I've got a MySQL DB already
up (using WAMP) and I'm using Eclipse Galileo with GWT. I have looked
everywhere on how to make this connection and now I am sure I connect
to the DB at least, however I am unsure regarding if I actually
retrieve anything from it and I can't print anything because it throws
me an exception. This is the method that should access the DB:

    public User authenticateUser(String user1, String pass) {
                        User user = null;
                        try {
                                PreparedStatement ps = conn.prepareStatement(
                                "SELECT user, pass FROM usuarios WHERE user =
\"" + user1 +
"\" AND " +
                                "pass = \"" + pass + "\""
                                );
                                ResultSet result = ps.executeQuery();
                                while (result.next()) {
                                        user = new User(result.getString(2),
result.getString(3));

System.out.println(user.getUser().toString());
                                        System.out.println("toy aqui");
                                }
                                result.close();
                                ps.close();
                        } catch (SQLException sqle) {
                                System.err.println("Fail!! = " +
sqle.getStackTrace());
                        }
                        return user;
                }

"conn" is a Connection already made here:

    public MySQLConnection() {
                        try {

Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance();
                                conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, user,
pass);
                        } catch (Exception e) {
                                System.err.println("Fail en la Conexion = " +
e.getStackTrace
());

after this, I use this method which should allow me to access stuff
from the newly created object:

        private class AuthenticationHandler<T> implements AsyncCallback<User>
{
                        public void onFailure(Throwable ex) {
                                label.setText("Fail");
                                System.out.println(ex.getStackTrace());
                        }
                        public void onSuccess(User result) {
                                try {
                                        label.setText("Success");// + " Pass::
" + result.getPass
().toString()
                                }catch(Exception e) {
                                        System.err.println("Fail! = " +
e.getStackTrace());

The thing is, it doesn't matter if I introduce wrong values for the
Query to be made with, (user1 and pass) I get success or fail
everytime depending on which I started with. That is, if I tried once
and failed, then everytime after I will get "Fail" and if I try and
get the write data in I will get "Success" everytime.

I don't know why this happens and I am unsure I am performing the
query the way it should be done.

The only thing I'm 100% sure of is that the DB connection is made, and
that if I try to print "result.getUser();" in the last method I placed
here, I get an exception.

What am I missing or doing incorrectly?