Hi,

I am experiencing really slow times (30-40 seconds) when I refresh the
page on safari or firefox. It almost seems to recompile the full app
every single time I hit refresh. I don't even change anything, and
this the app you get when you create new Web App in eclipse. Meanwhile
the browser hangs like it's supposed to when making a synchronous
server request.

Specs: Eclipse 3.5, Mac OS 10.6, Java 6 64-bit (tried with 32-bit 5
and 6), GWT 2.0 RC2 and GPE 1.2 RC2 (tried RC1 for both of those too.

And running it with the -Dgwt=perflog=true VM argument I receive this:

perf? OophmSessionHandler?.loadModule Main 838ms

perf? ModuleDef?.refresh 35ms
perf? ResourceOracleImpl?.refresh 1ms
perf? ResourceOracleImpl?.refresh 23ms
perf? ResourceOracleImpl?.refresh 9ms
perf? TypeOracleMediator?.addNewUnits 165ms
perf? ModuleSpace?.onLoad 511ms
perf? Generator 'com.google.gwt.uibinder.rebind.UiBinderGenerator?'
produced 'com.company.mypackage.web.client.Application.Binder' 21ms
perf? TypeOracleMediator?.addNewUnits 0ms
perf? Generator
'com.google.gwt.resources.rebind.context.InlineClientBundleGenerator?'
produced
'com.company.mypackage.web.client.Application_BinderImpl_GenBundle?'
4ms
perf? TypeOracleMediator?.addNewUnits 0ms
perf? Generator 'com.google.gwt.i18n.rebind.LocaleInfoGenerator?'
produced 'com.google.gwt.i18n.client.impl.LocaleInfoImpl?' 14ms
perf? TypeOracleMediator?.addNewUnits 0ms
perf? Generator 'com.google.gwt.i18n.rebind.LocalizableGenerator?'
produced 'com.google.gwt.i18n.client.impl.CldrImpl?' 0ms

Which doesn't tell me where the 30-40 seconds are being spent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gaurav