So is there a global way to change all font?  Or is this done per
class and completely separate from each other?

I've tried just adding some css to my app's css (which is specified in
the html) like:

.qwt-Label{
    color: #DF0101;
    font: normal 12px tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    border: 1px solid #99bbe8;
    padding: 14px;
}

.qwt-Button{
    color: #DF0101;
    font: normal 12px tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    border: 1px solid #99bbe8;
    padding: 14px;
}

.qwt-CheckBox{
    color: #DF0101;
    font: normal 12px tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    border: 1px solid #99bbe8;
    padding: 14px;
}

and keeping the gwt one in place in the module's xml file but mine
does not take effect.  Is the GWT one overwriting mine?  How do I get
might to take effect?

-Dave