Hi folks,

I'm trying to get GWT 2.0.1 development mode working with the -
noserver option.  The main issue is that while running in development
mode, any changes I make in the GWT java classes are not reflected
when I refresh the browser.

This is a bit of a nonstandard setup, so let me outline it a bit.

We have a number of apps that depend on some other cvs modules:

* gwtapp1
* gwtapp2
* gwtlib1
* gwtlib2

All of these depend on code running on the server (json files, RPC)
and I couldn't figure out how to get them working with the built in
Jetty server.  (For one thing, I couldn't figure out how to have the
different projects all compile into one WEB-INF/classes directory.)

gwtapp1 compiles the GWT into the root directory, and works just fine.

gwtapp2 compiles the GWT into /static/gwt/  One other difference that
may be relevant is that gwtapp2 uses the cross site linker.  However,
removing that line from the .gwt.xml file didn't seem to make a
difference in the behavior.  Another difference is the directory that
gwtapp2 compiles into actually has 3 different modules in it (but I'm
not trying to touch any of the other modules).

It works fine in 'production' mode, when built via ant.  But it
doesn't work in development mode.

Here's the arguments I'm using for the eclipse launcher:

-noserver -startupUrl http://localhost:8080/HomePage.do
com.foo.gwtapp2 (I've tried different URLs, including a static html
page)

The GWT development mode window pops up just fine, but I never see the
'FF' tab pop up when I click 'launch default browser'.  I do see this
url in the browser window:
http://localhost:8080/HomePage.do?gwt.codesvr=192.168.3.103:9997

I see no messages in the development mode window.  However, when I
turn the logLevel up to DEBUG (-logLevel DEBUG) I see the 'Loading
Modules' line.  When I am working with gwtapp1 (which works) I also
see a 'Connection received from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' message.

Before the 'Connection recieved', I see the following TRACE messages
when running either app:

    00:00:02.078  [TRACE] Invoking Linker RPC policy file manifest
    00:00:02.078  [TRACE] Invoking Linker Standard
      00:00:02.094  [DEBUG] Attempting to optimize JS
    00:00:02.141  [TRACE] Invoking Linker Export CompilationResult
symbol maps
    00:00:02.141  [TRACE] Invoking Linker Emit compile report
artifacts
    00:00:02.141  [TRACE] Linking compilation into C:\eclipse-workspace
\account\war\com.foo.gwtapp[12]

I imagine that the Connection is the issue, but am not quite sure how
to debug it.

I've installed the Google FF plugin, and am using FF 3.6.  This is an
old project so it was not created with the google eclipse plugin.
Running on eclipse 3.4.2 on Windows XP, if that matters.

I've reviewed this FAQ:
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/FAQ_DebuggingAndCompiling.html#How_do_I_use_my_own_server_in_hosted_mode_instead_of_GWT%27s

and made sure that I have all the .rpc files in the /static/gwt
directory.  This directory is browser accessible (ie, when I put a
file here: http://localhost:8080/static/gwt/a.txt, I can read it with
my browser).

I also played around with the -codeServerPort argument, but that
didn't seem to make any difference.  In the thought that it was
perhaps a urlrewrite issue (gwtapp2 does some url rewriting) I put a
static html file in the /static/gwt directory, but that still didn't
lead to a Connection being made.

I have done some searching on the web and in the GWT google group, but
haven't found much else.  I also didn't find anything when searching
through the bug list.

What am I missing?  Can anyone give me further places I should look or
ideas?

Thanks,
Dan