Hey Dan,

I'm seeing something similar.  I don't know if this is your case but
this is what I've discovered.  If the url you specify with the -
startupUrl does NOT point to a page that uses GWT, the "FF" tab is
never seen in the development mode window.  Even if you browse to a
page that uses GWT, you will not see the "FF" tab and you cannot debug
the client-side code.  If the -startupUrl points to a page that uses
GWT then everything works fine.  I created a post on this problem a
few weeks ago and I have not seen a response.  If you figure something
out please post your solution.

Thanks,
- Jay