Hi i had the same problem,

 i was mixing my generated files from the google eclipse plugin and
the maven gwt plugin.

To fix this problem i add a directory to delete in maven clean plugin

<properties>
        <gwtOutputDirectory>war/OUTPUT_DIRECTORY</gwtOutputDirectory>
</properties>

The OUTPUT_DIRECTORY is defined in your src/main/java/<your_package>/
Module.gwt.xml

<build>

                <plugins>

                         <plugin>
                        <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
                        <version>2.4</version>
                        <configuration>
                        <filesets><fileset>

<directory>${gwtOutputDirectory}</directory>
                        </fileset></filesets>
                        </configuration>
                </plugin>

</plugins>