DaveC wrote:
> Gal, I'm not sure what you mean by this:
>
>> You can write your own properties detection to do it.
>> But can't you see the what you are telling means compile 100+ different
>> versions of the page if you evaluate individual properties?
>> The way gwt do it give you 6 versions only, one for each browser...

If GWT were to check for browser capabilities instead of the user agent,
it would have many variables, in terms of all the things the browser
does and does not support. You can't implement deferred binding for each
of them because you'd end up with an awful lot of permutations in your
compile, making it take much, much longer.

So even if GWT were to do it this way, it would have to use the
detection to identify the type of browser into the same (or similar) 6
categories it does now with user agent so it can keep the number of
permutations small.

So perhaps your question ought to be why GWT uses the user agent to put
the browser into its 6 categories rather than using browser capability
detection to put them into the same 6 categories.

Paul