I've started learning GWT and I am working through the tutorials
without too much trouble. Using eclipse BTW.

For my project I wanted to add an XMPP Agent that would answer XMPP
messages on the server.
So, I took the code explained in the example for XMPP in
http://gaejexperiments.files.wordpress.com
and added it to my GWT project.

But I can't figure out how to add this server-only module to my GWT
project and have GWT Compile it and then deploy it.

When I "GWT compile" no errors are reported but no class file is
generated for the .java, and it is not deployed.

I have enabled the XMPP service OK, and mapped the URL.
If I test it using Google Talk, then GAE tries to call the class and
throws an exception in the server as the class isn't present (hasn't
been deployed).

I've read the various pages in GWT docs about adding modules
to .gwt.xml files and web.xml, and tried a bunch of variations, but
with no luck.

Can anyone give a begginers guide to adding a server-only module/class
to a GWT project so that it is compiled and deployed?

thanks