Hi all,
sorry if my question has been already posted but I was not able to
find anything..

I have the following method on the my RPC Service class extending the
RemoteServiceServlet:

public Data getData(String param) {
        Data result;
        try {
          result = getData();
        } catch (Exception e) {
            result = getOldData();
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
        return result;
}

My expectation would be that if I have any exception inside getData()
then the exception is captured by the catch and the method
getOldData(); is invoked.

My problem is that if an exception is launched inside getData() the
method immediately returns
and the onFailure() method on the client side is invoked.

Is there any way to solve my problem? is there something wrong in my
way of resoning?

Many thanks in advance,
Giovanni