Comments in line below:

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:40 AM, JazzyJava <ole...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Helllo,
> I am testing an upgrade of our appliation fro GWT 1.7 to 2.0.  All is
> fine, except I find that debugging now is a much bigger pain than it
> was in 1.7.  I have a feeling I am missing something, since it's hard
> for me to believe that it is so much more inconvinient now.
>
> In GWT 1.7 Hosted Mode browser, I could happily click on my links (GWT
> or non non-GWT modules), and when I clicked on the GWT module that had
> a breakpoint, the Eclipse debugger would kick in.

Correct. The downside of this was that the GWT hosted mode browser was
wrapping IE on Windows, Safari on Mac, and Firefox on linux, which meant
that you had to bounce around to separate operating systems in order to
debug your application in a different browser.

> Our URL's are for the most part dynamic, i.e. they pass a bunch of
> dynamic URL query parameters to the GWT module.  In GWT 2.0 debugging,
> I now have to copy-paste the dynamic URL into a browser window that
> has the address bar enabled, and manually add gwt.codesvr=xxxxxxx URL
> query parameter at the end.

Since they're dynamic, you might be able to incorporate some of the
techniques discussed here:
https://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/msg/e6d2814e79bc3a45

> This is major pain and I am not sure how I can justify an upgrade to
> 2.0 until I understand how to let my development team conveniently
> debug.

If the above suggestion doesn't work out for a you, a repost with an
explanation and code snippets (regarding how you generate your URLs) would
be helpful.