This was answered in
http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/browse_thread/thread/6d959e0de08b8d8/62282e2b232e8faa...

Unless you have a good reason like you have to use an existing server
handling form posts, then you probably don't want to use forms in
GWT.  Gather the data from the boxes, and pass it to an RPC call to
handle the data.  There are many examples, including use of appengine,
included in the gwt distribution and discussed here:
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/examples/.